Root Canals Can Help Preserve Your Teeth
Many people fear having root canals done. However, when a tooth has become diseased or inflamed, a root canal, also known as endodontic treatment, can save your tooth. The causes or reasons for infection are varied: Chips or cracks in your tooth could be the reason as well as having issues of deep decay. A nerve that is dead or infected needs attention. Ignoring the damage and/or decay can lead to an abscess or increased pain within the tooth.
Signs You May Need A Root Canal
If you are experiencing any of the following signs, a root canal may be necessary:
- Intense pain when chewing with or applying pressure to the tooth
- Increased pain and sensitivity to either hot and/or cold temperatures
- Gums are tender or swollen near or around the infected tooth
- A darkening of the tooth or discoloration of the tooth
- Pimples on the gums that are recurring or persistent
Beck Dental Center has been safely and expertly handling this procedure for our patients for over 20 years. Don’t delay in having a conversation with us if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Please note that if you’re experiencing a true dental emergency, contact our office at 219.736.2309 directly to receive immediate care.
If this is a medical emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Saving Your Natural Tooth
A root canal can save a severely damaged or badly infected tooth which is important and has several advantages such as:
- Maintaining your natural biting force and sensation
- Allowing for an efficient chewing process
- Protecting your other teeth from excessive wear and tear
- Not causing strain to other surrounding teeth
- Maintaining the natural appearance of your face and smile